We are seeking a self-motivated and innovative Product Manager who is passionate about building products that solve real customer problems, support profitable business growth and improve our world. You will join a dynamic and fast-paced environment while working with cross-functional teams to design, build and roll-out products that deliver on the company’s mission and strategy.
- Develops products by identifying potential products; conducting market research; generating product requirements; determining specifications, production timetables, pricing, and time-integrated plans for product introduction; developing marketing strategies. Determines customers' needs and desires by specifying the research needed to obtain market information.
- Recommends the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements; appraising new product ideas and/or product or packaging changes.
- Assesses market competition by comparing the company's product to competitors' products.
- Provides source data for product line communications by defining product marketing communication objectives.
- Obtains product market share by working with sales director to develop product.
- Assesses product market data by calling on customers with field salespeople and evaluating sales call results.
- Provides information for management by preparing short-term and long-term product sales forecasts and special reports and analyses; answering questions and requests.
- Facilitates inventory turnover and product availability by reviewing and adjusting inventory levels and production schedules.
- Brings new products to market by analyzing proposed product requirements and product development programs; preparing return-on-investment analyses; establishing time schedules with engineering and manufacturing.
- Determines product pricing by utilizing market research data; reviewing production and sales costs; anticipating volume; costing special and customized orders.
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains product management staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains product management staff job results by counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- All other duties as assigned.
- 4 year degree in a related field preferred but not required plus 2 years of related experience.
- Business-to-business experience a plus.
- Strong computer skills including MS Office Suite, Google docs and other needed software platforms.
- Excellent oral, written and listening skills.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, desire to be part of an early stage startup.
- Bootstrapping mindset but obsessive about quality.
- Positive attitude with superior interpersonal skills.
- Honest and dependable.
- Comfortable working across every level of an organization including company executives.
- Team player with the ability to display sensitivity, tact and responsiveness with current and prospective employees.
- Self-starter who accomplishes major tasks and initiatives with little supervision.
- Organized proactive problem solver.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information.
If you want to fill this role, tell us why at email@example.com