We are seeking a self-motivated and innovative Product Manager who is passionate about building products that solve real customer problems, support profitable business growth and improve our world. You will join a dynamic and fast-paced environment while working with cross-functional teams to design, build and roll-out products that deliver on the company’s mission and strategy.
• Develops products by identifying potential products; conducting market research; generating product requirements; determining specifications, production timetables, pricing, and time-integrated plans for product introduction; developing marketing strategies. Determines customers' needs and desires by specifying the research needed to obtain market information.
• Recommends the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements; appraising new product ideas and/or product or packaging changes.
• Assesses market competition by comparing the company's product to competitors' products.
• Provides source data for product line communications by defining product marketing communication objectives.
• Obtains product market share by working with sales director to develop product.
• Assesses product market data by calling on customers with field salespeople and evaluating sales call results.
• Provides information for management by preparing short-term and long-term product sales forecasts and special reports and analyses; answering questions and requests.
• Facilitates inventory turnover and product availability by reviewing and adjusting inventory levels and production schedules.
• Brings new products to market by analyzing proposed product requirements and product development programs; preparing return-on-investment analyses; establishing time schedules with engineering and manufacturing.
• Determines product pricing by utilizing market research data; reviewing production and sales costs; anticipating volume; costing special and customized orders.
• Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
• Maintains product management staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
• Maintains product management staff job results by counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• All other duties as assigned.
• 4 year degree in a related field preferred but not required plus 2 years of related experience.
• Business-to-business experience a plus
• Strong computer skills including MS Office Suite, Google docs and other needed software platforms
• Excellent oral, written and listening skills
• Entrepreneurial spirit, desire to be part of an early stage startup
• Bootstrapping mindset but obsessive about quality
• Positive attitude with superior interpersonal skills
• Honest and dependable
• Comfortable working across every level of an organization including company executives
• Team player with the ability to display sensitivity, tact and responsiveness with current and prospective employees
• Self-starter who accomplishes major tasks and initiatives with little supervision
• Organized proactive problem solver
• Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
If you want to fill this role, tell us why at email@example.com